ABOUT THE PICKUP KIT FOR IGNITECH: Its works exactly like the one on the EMOTRON ignition. But to make it work ,it needs power. Thats what the red lead is for ,connect it to the 12v lead of the Ignitech box.
LATEST TIPS AND TRICKS TO THE EMOTRON IGNITIONS.
- The rev. numbers to the different types of ignitions relate to the ignition curve. They indicate at which rpm your max power output should be to match the ignitions curves. They do not indicate a max. possible rev. number or anything like that. The ignition can run as many rpm overrevs. as you want it to.
- Be careful when turning your crankshaft with ignition switched "on" The EMOTRON will spark at any rpm. It means it can ignite the mixture at any rpm.
- Rotor thread blocking: On an exact 1:5 cone the thread will lock first time you tighten the nut. But it might not work when the cone is not exact ,or when the cone has a very sharp top edge. In this case you can help things a bit with strong Loctite or cyano glue.
- First time adjusting of rotor: Mostly the right rotor adjustment is lightly touching when new ,then after tightening you will have 0.5mm play. If you have not enough play ,you can stilladjust by stuffing paperseal under the pickup.
- The "0" position of the ignition makes it run without pickup signal at 7000 rpm. Its a nice help when building or when in need of testing the system.
- The Emotron is a true 12v system. It can take maximum 14 volts of a fully charged battery. More voltage will lead to damage.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.